ACT Budget 2015 – Disability Comment
Advocacy for Inclusion will be attending the ACT Budget lock up on 2 June 2015.
Comment will be available once the lock up is released, including via Twitter @Adv4Inclusion or @HChristinaR.
Our annual disability analysis of the Budget will be posted on the Advocacy for Inclusion website www.advocacyforinclusion.org later in the day.
In the 2015-16 Budget we call for initiatives in the following areas:
- Funding certainty for independent disability advocacy alongside the NDIS roll out.
- Separate the positions of Public Advocate and Human Rights Commissioner to resolve conflict of interest.
- Specific measures to address the high prevalence of violence against women with disabilities.
- Clear disability initiatives to accompany the appointment of a Social Inclusion and Equality Minister.
- Ensure people with disabilities are meaningfully engaged in the design and delivery of all government policies and programs.
The NDIS is only part of the picture for people with disabilities. Now is the time to continue human rights based social reforms for better inclusion of people with disabilities in all facets of the community.
See the details of our submission: www.advocacyforinclusion.org/publications/Submissions
For more information: 6257 4005 - Carla Millner Bradley or Ellen Read