Our Self-advocacy programs are open to people with disabilities living in and around Canberra. Self-advocacy is about having the skills and confidence to be able to speak up for yourself about issues that influence your life.
Sometimes you might need support to learn these skills and to have the confidence to speak up.
Self-advocacy enables you to:
- Learn about individual rights and responsibilities
- Take responsibility for asserting your rights
- Recognise the importance of responsible decision making
- Know what the consequences of your actions will be
- Express your feelings
- Make informed decisions
- Do things independently
- Have goals and dreams, and achieve them
- Feel good about yourself
Self-advocacy is about having the knowledge and confidence to make the best decisions about your life.
Our current self-advocacy groups:
Call 6257 4005 for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org