What is Advocacy?
Advocacy is speaking in support of a person or an issue
Advocacy supports human rights
Advocacy is NOT case work, support work, mediation, conciliation or counselling.
What is Inclusion?
Inclusion is full participation in the community
Advocacy is having someone to stand beside you if you think something is unfair or that someone is treating you badly and you would like to do something to change it.
An Advocate will:
• Listen to you
• Identify the issues they can help with
• Provide you with information
• Stand beside you so that you can be heard
• Assist you to solve your issues yourself
• Refer you to other organisations if necessary
What Advocacy for Inclusion does:
We support people, or assist them to act on their own behalf, to get the outcome they want. We only do what you think is OK. We never do something you don't want.